A truck driver is someone who earns by driving a truck, carrying goods and materials across locations. They are usually bound to work at any time of the day or night. So, finding a good source to learn resume writing could be very difficult with the minimum time they have. But it’s even more difficult to find a better OTR truck driver resume guide.
No matter how good you are in truck driving, and how experienced you are, you will never get a call for an interview unless you send a good resume to the relevant company. First you need to get a proper understanding of what are your skills and certifications that should be included in the resume. It is also important to know how to maximize your value through your resume. So here’s your ultimate Truck Driver Resume Guide.
Truck Driver Resume Sample (Text Format)
Over-The-Road Truck Drive
Abington, MA 2351
LinkedIn – LinkedIn – linkedin.com/in/adam-example/
Experienced OTR Truck Driver offering exceptional skills in route planning gained during 5+ years in transportation. Familiar with semi-trailer trucks, tractor trailers, and haul trucks. Demonstrated 100% clean driving record and efficient vehicle operations combined with top-notch customer satisfaction scores.
Local OTR Driver – 2018 Jun – Present
Knight Transportation, CA
- Maintained equipment such as cleaning the truck, greasing, oiling, brakes, lights and any other maintenance instructed to perform.
- Adhered to transportation laws and regulations and all the safety protocols.
- Maintained the log book of the truck according to the state and federal regulations.
- Operated tow truck, flatbed, wheel lift, fork lift, excavators, dump trucks, haul trucks and semi-trailer trucks.
- Maintained consistent and on-time delivery record with 98% of all orders arriving on time.
Truck Driver – 2016 Jan – 2018 May
Trucking Truth, NY
- Pick up waste on time from customer locations utilizing tractor trailers, tankers and end dumps.
- Worked as an Over-The-Road driver without a single accident or a delay.
- Communicated with area supervisors utilizing the yard management system.
- Inspected truck for defects before and after trips and submitted reports indicating the condition of the truck.
- Reported all unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatched them before attempting service.
Class A CDL Training
Apex CDL Institute, KS
- CDL orientation and CDL learners permit preparation
- Yard training
- Advanced yard maneuvers
High School Diploma – 2014 Jan – 2015 Dec
Oswego Junior Senior High School, KS
- GPA: 2.56
- Customer Service
- Clean driving record
- Work ethic
- Delivering to schedule
- Vehicle maintenance
Work Experience Examples for Truck Driver
- Ensured the safe and secure loading and unloading.
- Clean driving record.
- Verified paperwork on the goods transported (manifests, bills of lading, etc.) for accuracy.
- Moved the truck through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces
- Travelled to multiple facilities and sites which required both single and multiple day stays.
- Maintained the safety, control and security of the tractor trailer unit at all times.
- Ensured overall cleanliness of the truck’s interior and exterior.
- Conducted efficient cargo transfers to different destinations.
- Worked a full year without a single sick-day.
- Appreciated 3x by management for the efficiency and safe driving.
Truck Driver Resume Skills
- Time management
- Customer service
- Communication skills (written/verbal)
- Physically fit
- Critical thinking
- DOT regulations
- OTR (Over-The-Road) driving
- Load bar operation
- Vehicle inspection
- Clean driving records
- Log book record keeping
- Safe driving
- Mechanical skills
- Truck tarping
Best Resume Action Verbs for Truck Driver
Certifications & Licenses for a Truck Driver
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- TWIC® Card – Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- FAST Card